Hey y'all, I am Ashton Oakes Dawson.
I married my husband, John, in 2011. Together we have two rough and tumble, handsome boys. We are row crop and beef cattle farmers in Kentucky. Which works out in my benefit seeing as how I use some of the best locations for my sessions. The light is absolutely dreamy on the farm. I am a wedding and portrait photographer. When I'm not chasing the light, you can find me in my natural light studio. I love getting to surround myself with the sweetest couples and most adorable families. Being able to tell your authentic story while creating timeless images is the biggest privilege I could ever imagine. I am forever grateful for those who have trusted me with these moments.
More random tidbits about myself:
- small town girl - but just an hour outside of Nashville TN
- favorite color is green
- love all white spaces
- have an obsession for all modern things, but would say my style is more transitional
- my spirit animal is a cow
- known for my wild curls, that have made themselves at home in a permanent messy bun
- oddly I don't enjoy country music and you'll rarely catch me wearing cowboy boots
- fresh veggies out of the garden are the best
- steak is my meal of choice
- snow days are my jam - I'll become the biggest kid when it turns white outside
- my boys and I turn into fish from May to Sept - living in the pool all hours of the day
- my favorite smells are: freshly plowed dirt, the first cut of hay in the Spring, and fired tobacco in the Fall
- always looking for an excuse to take a road trip - hello, I'm for hire anywhere!
- have a huge love for Jesus. I am amazed by and thankful for all of God's gifts! And most of all His outpouring of never ending, never judging Grace.
Photo by Beth Stafford Photography